“To be a reliable, people-centered and sustainable economic hub by 2030”
The fundamental priorities that form a foundation for developing the Mandeni municipality vision are aligned to the provincial goals and development strategies, and are summarized as follows:
- Good governance (sound governance and ethical conduct are the pillars of success in local government.
- Improving quality of life of our citizens (eradicating unemployment, poverty and inequality)
- Improved and sound debt collection.
- Providing social and economic infrastructure (eradicating backlog and providing strategic infrastructure to grow economy)
- Grow economy and create jobs (attract investment and market in Mandeni as the investment node)
- Promote special equity and protect natural resources (natural and rustic character of the municipality should be our selling point, coastal beach, nature reserve, Tugela river and more).
- High work ethics.
- Maximum participation by all stakeholders and role-players in Municipal initiatives.
- Transparent, effective, efficient and accountable governance.
- Placing the interests of our communities, customers and stakeholders first.
- Maintaining our good name and impeccable credentials.